Black bear eating from my apple tree, August night, 2012

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

When Life Gives You Lemons, Part 2

So many people emailed me this past week in response to last Tuesday's blog post on lemons. It seems that the humble lemon is indeed a favorite for many, and I learned a few new things about this delightful citrus fruit. For example, I didn't know that lemons and limes can be frozen and used, thawed, as needed. And half a lemon, dipped in coarse salt, makes a great scrubber to clean cutting boards. I also didn't realize how many people enjoy making lemonade and "Arnold Palmers" (half lemonade, half iced-tea) or using lemon juice in place of salad dressing. Thanks to everyone who shared lemon lore with me.

In that vein, I'd like to share an Etsy treasury I compiled recently. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the concept, Etsy is an online marketplace that specializes in selling handmade and vintage items. (Yours truly has an etsy store at http://www.canyonwrensnest.etsy.com/.) A Treasury is simply a themed collection that an Etsy member "curates" by spotlighting 16 related items. It's really fun to create treasuries because it's like window shopping. I always run across the most unusual things. I've taken to creating treasuries while watching TV, during the commercials (yeah, I don't Tivo). Anyway, here's my latest treasury that honors the lovely lemon.
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/NTY2NjQ3M3w2MTI5MDAyODk/when-life-gives-you-lemons

I encourage anyone who has never been to Etsy to give it a look. You'll be amazed at all the high-quality, original items for sale there, and every seller is just fantastic. I've never been disappointed with any Etsy purchase. Check them out at http://www.etsy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment