Black bear eating from my apple tree, August night, 2012

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Road Trip Photos, 2012

Joshua Tree National Park, California
While I enjoy all kinds of vacations, there's just something about a road trip that's special to me. Being in control of the vehicle, being able to stop where and whenever you like, and watching the scenery change as you drive this great country of ours is so thrilling to me. I recently put 3500 miles on my Toyota Matrix travelling from my home in Colorado to the Channel Islands nearVentura California. Along the way, I was able to visit many National Parks and Monuments, the Navajo Reservation in Arizona, cool towns (like Sedona, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas), and was able to catch up with family and friends I haven't seen in years. Here are a few photos from my trip. If anyone's interested in learning more about my itinerary and the routes I took, send me an email. The entire adventure took me two weeks.

Kiva at Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado

Here I am inside an old dwelling, Wupatki National Monument, Arizona

Montezuma's Castle National Monument, (cliff dwelling) Arizona

Elephant Feet, Navajo Nation, Arizona

Norma Jean's crypt, Westwood Cemetery, Los Angeles

Sea cave kayaking, Santa Cruz Island, Channel Islands National Park, California

Hearst Castle, San Simeon, California

Santa Cruz Island, Channel Islands National Park, California

Red Rocks Park outside of Las Vegas

Does this really need a caption?

Super campground just west of Las Vegas--Red Rocks

Tarantula seen while walking the dogs in Vegas

My cousin's dog Simon in the pool, Las Vegas, Nevada

Lehman Cave, Great Basin National Park, Nevada

Pine nuts collected (yummy!) in Great Basin National Park

"Shoe tree" at the terminus of Highway 50, "The Loneliest Road in America,"

Fall foliage, Great Basin National Park, Nevada

Capitol Reef National Park, Utah

Colorado National Monument, Colorado

Elephant seals (over 300) on a beach near San Simeon, California

Joshua Tree National Park, California

At the science museum in Los Angeles, California

Lizard on Santa Cruz Island, Channel Islands 

Pelican (?) skeleton on a Santa Cruz Island beach

Enjoying the boat ride back to Ventura, California, after exploring Santa Cruz.


No comments:

Post a Comment