Black bear eating from my apple tree, August night, 2012

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Westwood Cemetery Graves, Los Angeles, California.

"Caddyshack"--"Now I know why tigers eat their young!"
Creepy epitaph, and no one is sure who paid for the stone or chose this particular passage. Taken from a Hemingway piece. How weird is it, that years later,  Mariel Hemingway (granddaughter of Ernest H.) would play Dorothy in the movie "Star 80?" Dorothy Stratten--discovered at a Dairy Queen in Canada, became a Playboy Model before she hit 20. Dead the same year. Sad.
"Charlie's Angel." As a teenager growing up in the late 70s, I always appreciated her tonsentorial  hegemony.

"When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's AMORE!"
My favorite storyteller of all time. I had no idea I was going to run into you.  All your "Americana" stories were about Indiana. To find you in the middle of LA. Wow.
"Family Affair." I still have creepy dreams about the "Mrs. Beasley" doll.
I must admit, in the early 70s, I had a crush on Freddie in "Chico and the Man," and  continue this crush with Freddie Prinze Jr. Good for you, Sarah Michelle Gellar. Let's hope the apple falls way, way far from that tree. The tree that says it's okay to mix loaded firearms with coke.


Half of the original "Odd Couple." Had a face like a bloodhound, but we loved him.
The most famous Hollywood grave of all--Marilyn Monroe. Of all the  memorials I visited, hers was the only one with fresh flowers (and many lipstick kisses on the stone.)
Heather O'Rourke, the little blonde girl/actress ("they're baaack!")  in "Poltergeist." Died at the age of 13 from a congenital intestinal deformity. And the other actress in the film, who played the oldest sibling, Dominique Dunne, was murdered by her boyfriend the year before Heather died, leading to speculation that all the actors in these films were cursed. Last time I checked, Craig T. Nelson is still alive.)



No comments:

Post a Comment