Black bear eating from my apple tree, August night, 2012

Thursday, January 31, 2013

New Year, New Art, New Challenges


For the new year, I've decided to branch out and explore new media and new projects at the studio. In late 2012, I returned to my cartoon roots (I used to illustrate greeting cards decades ago) and played with animal portraits I called "Animals with Attitude" (above examples). These pen and ink and watercolor designs have proved popular with my personal circle of friends, so I've decided to offer high-quality repros of them in my Etsy shop.


Additionally, Canyon Wren's Nest (me!) invested in a new top-end professional printer. This machine produces gallery quality images and accepts many different paper types, sizes, and thicknesses, so I'm excited to try out new media (in addition to the archival watercolor stock I already favor). And in my experimentation with the new technology, I've discovered the museum quality photographs I've been printing are gorgeous, so I'm also offering select photo prints at the Etsy shop as well.



Because of the enhanced capabilities of the new printer, I'm finally able to run larger versions of some of my pieces on watercolor stock. I get many requests for this "African Lion" image larger than the 8-1/2" x 11" size, so it's thrilling to be able to offer a bigger version on 13" x 19" stock.


Click on any of the images above to be directed to more information on my Etsy shop.

I look forward to expanding my artistic horizons and experimenting with new paint, paper, and techniques in the upcoming months. As always, thanks to everyone for the continued support.

No comments:

Post a Comment