Black bear eating from my apple tree, August night, 2012

Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday: The Pleasant Valley Report

Gosh I wish I could say this is a photo of me downhill racing on a bicycyle. It isn't--it's my friend and personal trainer Annemarie who I am happy to report, came in first place in her race this weekend at Crested Butte. This pic (taken by her friend--not me) is from a different race, but you get the idea. Congratulations to AM! She shared this photo with me today at our weekly session, where she not only had me exercise, but also took the kinks out of my neck.

All is good in Laporte, floodwise, although it was very hot and humid all weekend. Many mosquitoes, due to all the standing water. Today it is stunningly gorgeous--a perfect 80 degrees, with no humidity. Heading home to pick lettuce and spinach for distribution to friends tomorrow. We are overrun with greens and I have to share the love!

(Just a note, my blog entries will be a little short this week, as I am volunteering with kids from my church through Friday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment