Black bear eating from my apple tree, August night, 2012

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hot Pepper Peach Spread

During the last month, our kitchen counters have been overflowing with juicy, luscious Colorado peaches, and coincidentally, tomatoes, onions, and hot peppers have been ripening in the garden. I have always loved hot/sweet combos, so I came up with this recipe for a zippy spread. It works well as a sweet preserve or really kicks it on grilled fish, pork, or chicken. Try it in stir-fry of any kind, too. Makes a great dipping sauce for Asian food and tempuras--just heat it up a bit to make it liquid.



Anyway, the recipe link has been giving me trouble. It's easy to find, however, on http://www.food.com/ if you search for it (Hot Pepper Peach Spread) under my member name: PainterCook. (I'll try to update this link if it gets fixed.)

Keep in mind that everyone has a different threshold for "heat" when it comes to hot peppers. I like my spicy dishes medium-hot with regard to chilies. This recipe can be adjusted to what kinds of peppers you have on hand--I didn't specify anything other than "fresh hot peppers." Because the spread is sweet, I added extra zip from red pepper flakes and cayenne, just to make sure it was fiery enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment