Black bear eating from my apple tree, August night, 2012

Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday: The Pleasant Valley Report

Well, blogspot is giving me headaches today. I just lost a long post full of embedded links and photos. Suffice it to say, I am not rewriting it all over again!

Thus, here's a short post, in case I lose my work. The violet-green swallow nestbox is a hoot to watch. Mom and Dad continue to feed on and off every few minutes and when they approach the nest, the chicks go wild with squeaky chirping. Until this morning I'd only seen one chick head peeping out of the hole to get food, but now there are two little beggars vying for a space at the table.

It's hot and humid here, but nothing like Oklahoma City, where a friend emailed me she's on her 27th straight day of temps above 100. (We don't have AC in the house, so that would kill me!) Today is actually the perfect kind of day to head to the pool. I might just do that if I keep running into internet glitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment